Thursday, August 21, 2008

A typical but praiseworthy Thursday

Tried to wake up early this morning to read colossians, but I stayed in bed instead of getting out.

This morning was spent chasing down the man in charge of booking the New Life Theatre with Daniel. I eventually pinpointed a time and place where he would be from talking to people.

I then went out sharing with Sara. We approached a few people sitting around, and ended up talking to two girls in the sun. We had really good conversations with both of them, and I shared my testimony. It was probably the first time I was able to share about before I came to Christ and after, and genuinely proclaim that the joy of knowing Christ has far surpassed any other experience in my whole life, including my first year of university at college hall, which I thoroughly enjoyed.

After lunch I went out sharing with Tom, but I let Tom do the talking. We found three guys, one of whom we knew already, and Tom shared the gospel with all of them. They were extremely apathetic and didn't seem to care less about spiritual things, even though they all claimed to be Christians. We had little time left, so I encouraged them to get in a bible study group and shared from memory how they need to keep in step with the Spirit to avoid the two dangers of self-centred living and self-effort living as a believer (1 Cor 3:1-3 and Gal 3:3).

I received some athelete studies in the post from Timo today to try and do with a couple of rugby players I've met. Looking forward to getting a couple of action groups going next term. Also looking forward to Spring Retreat that our students are organising for tomorrow night!

Praise God that I got to see Him work in another day, and that he used me!

No comments: