Saturday, August 16, 2008

Relaxing Saturday

Started the morning reading through the book of colossians (which I've endeavoured to do once each day for 50 days) and praying - my daily bread.

Listened to a couple of lectures from www.biblicaltraining.org about preaching. Dr Chapel talked about the difference between written and oral structuring. When speaking we want to emphasis key words by repeating them, whereas in writing we simply state the most important point first. In preaching we build a framework and the propositional statement is supported by that framework, but also covers all of the framework. Very interesting and profitable for my life.

I spent the afternoon with friends - Joel and Tim, and then played a two hour intense game of chess with Susannah. It was a rematch because she won last time, and this time I beat her! Susannah and Tim's friend Irene came and watched the game. She's one of those people who is really familiar but neither of us could pinpoint where we'd met before. May St flat invited me for dinner and we enjoyed some fellowship and stories.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

may st flat??? that reminds me of my time in hamilton! :-)
by the way, it's so good to read about your experiences with student life! it's great to read about everything!