Friday, August 15, 2008

A long but rewarding Friday.

I took a short film on my phone with Kate to start spiritual conversation. I felt the Lord was leading me to management block, but it was pouring with rain and I felt equally at peace with 'cutting it short' to teacher's block.We met with a man named Robert who was about my age (22), but was a single father of two children. Robert was a Christian, and he recognised the video to be a retelling of the prodical's son. Robert was finding it difficult to go to church with children, so Kate and I made a few suggestions. The Lord then crossed our paths again at lunch time when Robert wandered in to the food court to have lunch where many student lifers were enjoying fellowship. I called himover and he ate with us. Robert is keen to join an action group bible study I am trying to set up, and he is going to try his best to come to our student lead spring retreat at the end of next week. Praise God for that.

I also tried to meet with a Korean named Yoong Soo Chung, and I ended up meeting his friend, but he never showed up. Unfortunately I was late because of talking with Robert, so perhaps it was my fault. I saw Edward who I talked with yesterday when sharing with Joel, and this time I was able to show him the gospel, but it was difficult to share with him, and he did not agree with the perspective that all have sinned. He said it implied creation theory, and I told him that was true. The message of Christ is a stumbling block to some. I pray Lord, that you would open Edward's eyes to your truth, and reveal falsity in the "secret knowledge" doctrines he believes.

The rest of my day was filled with meetings, reading the bible, prayer, and staff development time (we're going through the book about spiritual disciplines by John Ortberg entitled 'the life you've always wanted'), which is very beneficial to me. We closed the week with muffin time, a time where as a staff team we can reflect on the good and bad points of this week. I had a good week of constant joy, so I found this difficult because I saw God's hand at work everywhere (which was my high point), but my low point was seeing my flatmate Phil's passion fade away more when he didn't get accepted for a mission trip to east asia that he applied for, and then had little desire to apply for a local beach project for the third year running. I am still surprised to see how much God is at work in people's hearts and how thankful they are to hear the good news.

No comments: