Monday, July 13, 2009

First day of tune-in

Today was the first day of B-semester 2009. I felt pretty sick - I had a chest infection all weekend and rested pretty well, but when I woke up Monday morning I faced a tough choice. I lay in bed almost in despair that although I wanted to be on campus serving Christ, I felt terrible and wanted to sleep. Strange thoughts came into my mind, thoughts of giving up my work on campus although I know I'm making a difference, and even wanting to leave the God I love, the one who has been forever faithful to me.

It was just one of those mornings I guess. I started praying that Christ would return today, and almost expected it, but then remembered the bible teaches that He will return at an hour when no one thinks he will. So I dragged myself out of bed, telling Satan to leave me by the authority I have in Christ. Warfare like this is pretty normal. It was a reminder to me once again not to live by my feelings which sometimes drive me to an attitude I do not desire to have, but instead to NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER give up when things get hard.

I could have talked myself out of it, told my boss I'm not coming in today, and been lonely and depressed at home. But instead, fighting the good fight by the grace of God, I ended up having such an encouraging day on campus seeing students get serving on the tables everywhere as well.

I remember thinking when I was at uni today that although I felt sick, although I forgot that I drove my own car, and although I was being rejected by the many stone faces reflecting hardened hearts, and although I was laughed at and given the cold shoulder by Muslims who have been taught to make us out to be the least and most despised and hated of all men, I remembered the joy of knowing Jesus as my Saviour, and realised there wasn't anywhere else I would rather be than on campus serving him with my family by reaching out to others in love. Thanks for your grace guys. Let's continue tomorrow :)

No comments: