Saturday, July 21, 2007

Focusing my time and efforts

I've re-prioritised this half of the year. This semester I'm focusing on building into other people (discipling) as well as evangelising. Evangelising is simply preaching the good news of Jesus Christ, in the power of the Holy Spirit, and leaving the results to God.

I'm being stepped up a bit in leadership and I'm going to be leading a team at the cafe at Eastside Apostolic Church's Sunday night service (7pm).

I plan to lead an action group this semester (with Student Life on campus) - a small group of guys who I'm building into with the ultimate goal of glorifying God by being a servant and sharing his good news. This is the concept of spiritual multiplication - these guys in turn will hopefully build into many others throughout their lives. I guess I'm focusing more on relationships with others this semester.

Jeremy Sargent and I are planning to hold an evangelism workshop at Eastside in late September. I've really bought into the vision of "Here I am Send me" and so will probably be posting and maintaining the website for that instead of my personal blog. I might also be updating the manual to be more concise, interactive, and coherent. At the moment the manual is somewhat difficult to follow and understand without someone teaching the content to you. We'd like to put it up on the website eventually to help get it out there faster, and for those who can't make it to the workshop. I'm excited about the program and what God is going to do through us as we partner together to take the course to a new level. I can see a huge future for it - training local churches to evangelise and building into them and their leadership enough that they'll be able to keep it going with just the website as a resource. It would be amazing to travel around and do that once the program is finished. For more info see http://www.hereiamsendme.org/.

And that's it really, as well as obviously spending quiet time with God! :)

A little more in the future - I'm applying for Student Life as a full-time intern for 2008 (and will need to raise support if I'm accepted - relying completely on God for an income!).

No comments: