Saturday, May 19, 2007

We are chosen by the Father to do His work

While in the bathroom at the University of Waikato Chapel (out of all places!) I had a revelation about how awesome it is that God wants to use me for his great plan. I was thinking how cool it is that people ask me to help them out with things; hire me for work etc. but then I realized "Oh man! Our LORD and creator has hired me! How can I be worthy of this??" – I felt exactly as Paul did when he wrote this to Timothy:

1Ti 1:12 I give thanks to Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength for my work. I thank him for considering me worthy and appointing me to serve him, even though in the past I spoke evil of him and persecuted and insulted him. But God was merciful to me because I did not yet have faith and so did not know what I was doing.

I've known this for a while, but never really clicked on to how awesome that is. I would encourage anyone reading this to think about the opportunity they have in their life to help fulfill the biggest commission of all time. It's cool that people can work over many generations to build insane things like Pyramids in Egypt, but it's even cooler that we can be a part of a plan that's already been worked on for thousands of years - building God's kingdom.

2 comments:

Clive Smit said...

Awesome post bro...

Loving that God has chosen us for the greatest work... of all eternity!

Kenrick Smith said...

hey ryan, good work mate.
Lovin your enthusiasm for God and the bible and that commission you keep talking about... what is that exactly.