Wednesday, February 21, 2007

A definite career decision

I've finally made a decision for my university exchange to the states. Although I more than likely could have gone, I've decided not to.

My neighbour helped me realise that I was planning to go for the wrong selfish reasons. Going to America meant I was pursuing the path of my own happiness - the computer programmer that would be living in a flash new house and who owns an awesome car. Those dreams are fading though because they would never keep me truly happy. They are being replaced by a more passionate God-driven vision I have. A burning desire to help others. There's nothing more exciting than to see what God is doing in other people's lives. Unless you've experienced that (say - a friend coming to know Christ), then you can't imagine how exciting it is. I want to do that full-time.

But I haven't abandoned computers completely. They have been my passion for over 10 years, and always will be. However, I just know that I'm made to do more. I'm made to save lives. I'm made to help people grow into amazingly awesome people. God wants to use me in these ways, so I'm going to let Him, and see what happens! Now I'm excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So this year I'm going to be out on the university of waikato campus. I'm going to be helping new students move in to the Halls of Residence. I'll be helping students tune in to Jesus through the Student Life club here. I'll be sharing the gospel with people who want to know God and his infinite love more. And I honestly don't care what people think of me doing this. Including you mum!

I have other plans too, after a term of doing that I will be well trained to go to Fiji and help accelerate their campus ministry in easter!

No comments: